YORK — With months of preparation and planning complete, the York Parks and Recreation Department’s spring youth sports activities are in full swing.
“Spring is a busy time of year for our recreation staff,” said York Parks and Rec Director Carolyn Leake. “With all of our activities, from T-ball to all of the other sports on the spring slate, we’re reaching out to ages 3 to 18.”
Leake said the activities include 12 age groups and 50 teams.
“We are pleased with the response to our spring programs,” said Leake. “Spring is the most active of the sports seasons.
“We like to fill the parks with parents and grandparents watching their kids have a good time.”
York Parks and Rec activities include the following Thursday games:
• 12U girls’ softball: York Heat vs. York Aftershocks, 6 p.m., York 4; Clover Swat vs. York Southern Pride, 6 p.m., Clover 2; Clover All-stars vs. Fort Mill Gamecocks, 7:30 p.m., Clover 2.
• 10U girls’ softball: Fort Mill vs. TC Diamond Divas, 7:15 p.m., Harris Street; York Pink Panthers vs. York Intimidators, 7:15 p.m., York 1.
• 8U girls’ softball: Purple Dragons vs. Hot Tamales, 6 p.m., York 1; Fort Mill vs. Clover, 6 p.m., Harris St.
• DYB O-Zone: Clover Cardinals vs. Hickory Grove Braves, 9 a.m., Clover complex 1; Clover Red Sox vs. Intimidators, 7:30 p.m., Clover 1.
• Minor League Baseball: Clover Dodgers vs. Green Dragons, 6 p.m., Roosevelt Park 2; Clover Braves vs. York Cougars, 7:30 p.m., Roosevelt Park 2; Hickory Grove Bears vs. Clover Reds, 6 p.m., Hickory Grove 1.
For details, contact the York Parks and Recreation Department on White Rose Lane at 803-684-3742.