YORK — A large crowd attended Monday’s York Comprehensive High School spring sports awards ceremony to recognize student-athletes.
“We had a great turnout” YCHS Athletic Director Steve Boyd said. “There were 600 in attendance in support of athletes receiving awards.”
Boyd said 300 athletes competed, representing 13 teams.
“We are proud of their performances in athletics as well as the classroom,” Boyd said. “Our coaches monitor the academic performances of all of the athletes, regardless of the sport.
Award recipients included:
• Varsity baseball: Offensive MVP, Matt Moss; Defensive MVP, Cody Ledford; Coach’s Award, Hamilton McGarity, Troy Baucom; Most Improved, Ray Ray Ellis; All-Region, Ryan Gilbert.
• JV baseball: Offensive MVP, Joe Gill; Most Outstanding Pitcher, Will McSwain; Coach’s Award, Harrison Childers, John Moorefield.
• Varsity softball: Most Valuable, Jessica Bolin; Most Improved, Ashley Campbell; Cougar Pride Award, Hanna Wilkerson; Coach’s Award, Megan Sutphin; All-Region, Jessica Bolin.
• JV softball: Hustle Award, Samantha VanCamp; Hardest Worker, Brittany Ervin; Coach’s Award, Taylor Clabough.
• Boys’ varsity soccer: Defensive MVP, Todd Weatherington, Oscar Angeles; Leadership Award, Michael Anderson; You’ll Never Walk Alone Award, Cameron Lewis; All Region, Michael Anderson.
• Boys’ JV soccer: MVP Award, Juan Angeles; You’ll Never Walk Alone Award, Josue Alvarado; Most Improved Player, Anthony Ivey.
• Girls’ varsity soccer: Defensive MVP, Lena Patrick; Offensive MVP, Kameron Puckett; Most Improved, Alexis Petty; Coach’s Leadership Award, Kara Powers, Mahoganey Setzer; All Region, Elena Patrick.
• JV girls’ soccer: Most Improved, Anna Comer; Captain’s Award, Taylor Ries; Coach’s Award, Victoria Ivey.
• Boys’ tennis: Most Improved, Daniel Patterson; Cougar Pride, Terry Doan; Coach’s Award, Matthew Goforth.
• Boys’ golf: Most Valuable Player, Luke Lancaster; Most Improved golfer, Stroud Baker; Coach’s Award, Logan Aggeles; Cougar Pride, Tucker Laney.
• Boys’ track: MVP, Kaiyon Schrouder; Hardest Worker, Chris Ingolia, Rainey Moore-Meeks; Most Improved, Derick Crowder; Coach’s Award, Tyrice Hayes, Lamin Yansaneh; All-Region, Kaiyon Schrouder.
• Girls’ track: MVP, Taylor Bankhead, India Doster; Most Improved, Kinleigh Wilkerson; Hardest Worker, Ke’atra Jamison; Coach’s Award, Morgan Kuczler.
• Athletic trainers: Extra Mile Award, Chandler Hall; Trainer of the Year, Dustin McNeely.