Cougar Booster Club memberships available
YORK The York Comprehensive High School Athletic Booster Club is selling memberships for the 2013-2014 school year.
Visit www.yorkathletics.org and print the application. Booster club membership fees are $5 for students, $10 individual and $15 family.
“The YCHS Athletic Booster Club supports the total athletic department, every sport,” said YCHS athletic director Steve Boyd. “They need your help and support.”
Booster club officers are Karen Harper, president; Susan Jordan, secretary; Jeri Victor-Glenda Helton, treasurers; Spike Myers, first past president; Libby Childers, second past president; David Lancaster, concession stand chairman; and Gwen Zara, membership chairperson.
Reserved parking passes for Friday night football games are $10.
Boyd said student passes are $50, which includes all home games in every sport at YCHS for the year.
Cougar items will be sold by various teams at seven home football games this season. Cougar apparel also is sold on the school’s website, www.yorkathletics.org.
Clover Rec announces fall softball dates
CLOVER The Clover Parks and Recreation Department has announced dates for fall youth softball for U8, U10 and U12 participants.
Preseason practices begin Monday for 12 and under, 10 and under and 8 and under participants.
• Draft day for U10 and U12 boys and girls will be Thursday, Aug. 8 at New Centre Park. The draft for U10 will begin at 6 p.m., with the draft for U12 to follow at 7 p.m.
• The Kickoff Clinic Series for goal keeping will be 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9 at New Centre Park, with the Palmetto United Soccer Club providing instruction. The clinic is for U8 coed, U10 boys and girls and U12 boys and girls.
• Saturday, Aug. 10 is draft day for U15 and U8 groups at New Centre Park. The draft for U15 boys and girls will be at 9 a.m., with the U8 coed draft at 10 a.m.
• Preseason practices for all divisions begin the week of Aug. 12.
Tuesday, Aug. 20 is the last day to order T-shirts, which cost $10 for YS-YL and $15 for adult S-XXXL.
Scheduled practices for 12U, 10U and 8U end Sept. 2, with Sept. 9 as the tentative date for the three divisions to begin play. Picture day is Sept. 21.
Season football tickets available at CHS
CLOVER Season football ticket packages are available at Clover High School.
Season ticket packages include:
• Eagle Club: $114, two reserved season tickets, one reserved parking pass, seat preference same as last year, $84.
• Gray Eagle Club: $198, four reserved tickets, one reserved parking pass.
• Blue Eagle Club: $282, six reserved tickets, two reserved parking passes.
Membership packages include jayvee and ninth-grade games.
Optional season tickets: Reserved seat tickets (seven home games), varsity only, $42; employee/staff reserved seat tickets upgrade (one per employee, $10; senior citizens upgraded pass, $10.
For details, contact Mary Gattis at Clover High School, 803-810-8201 or email@example.com.
York Rec sports registration continues
YORK Registration for fall sports for the York Parks and Recreation Department is underway at the York Recreation Center on White Rose Lane.
Registration is 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday. The cost is $35 for tackle football and youth cheerleading and $30 for flag football participants.
Deadline is Aug. 23. Late registration is Aug. 24 and 26 and includes a $10 late charge. For more information, contact the York Rec Department at 684-3742.
Registration underway for Clover sports
CLOVER Registration is underway for youth fall sports activities at the Clover Parks and Recreation Department.
Registration for fall soccer, softball and baseball is 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants who sign up after the deadline are not guaranteed a spot, regardless of prior participation. Late registrants may have to go through the “draft,” if necessary.
Contact Clover Parks and Recreation at 222-9493 for information.
YCHS season football tickets on sale
YORK York Comprehensive High School season football tickets are available.
The cost is $56 for seven home games. Contact the YCHS Athletic Office at 818-6244 for details.