CLOVER — The Clover Woman’s Club will sponsor a Christmas historic home tour from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8.
Proceeds will provide college scholarships for a Clover High School senior.
Tickets are $10, available at Good Things, 104 S. Main St.; The Palmetto House, 306 N. Main St.; and from club members.
The tour will mark Clover’s 125 years.
Clover was officially established on Dec. 24, 1887. The homes range in age from 100 to 200 years old.
The six stops on the tour are:
• Good Things, 104 S. Main St. This 100-year old building was once the City Pharmacy and before that it was the Currence Grocery Store.
• Melinda and Tyler Grieves, the Old Presbyterian Manse, 208 Kings Mountain St., was built in 1881and served as a manse for several years.
• Tamara and Shane Hartman, 119 Oak St., which was built about 100 years ago as a mill house by the former American Thread textile mill.
• Carolyn and Steve Nivens, 105 Mountainview St., built in 1838 as a log house by William Jackson. This home has been occupied by descendants of William Jackson.
• Bonita and Dave Horne, 524 Ridge Road, home for five generations of Adamses. The stones for the fireplace and foundation were quarried on the farm behind the house. It is estimated to have been constructed around 1860-1880.
• Lucy and Richard Penegar, 737 Ferguson Ridge Road. Built 1805-1812 by William J. Wilson of hand-made bricks and hand-hewn beams secured by wooden pegs. One of the original brick molds remains there.
For more information, call Windy Bartee at 803-222-7533 or Rita Dulin at 803-222-5799.